Everyone gets bored; you can’t deny that one simple fact. Or at least, everyone runs out of things to do. One minute you could be painting flowers and the next minute you’re like… what do I do now? I know for a fact that I get bored easily; and unfortunately I have realized that whenever people are bored, they’ll usually get on their phones to see what’s going on on social media. How ’bout, we stop getting on our devices when we think we have nothing better to do (note that I put “think”) and do something else to entertain us. There’s a lot of things you can do indoors and outdoors.
- Go Outside! – There’s a lot of things you can do outside. You can throw around a football with a friend, or maybe get a hammock and just chill. If you have a dog go play a little game of catch!
- Dance Party! – You don’t need Just Dance to, well, dance. Play some music off your radio, or phone, or TV, and just jam out! Invite your friends over and have a huge, funny, silly dance party!
- Volunteer! – If you’re not already volunteering somewhere, you should consider it. Maybe a pet shelter, or even a nursing home, would most probably welcome you if you’re interested. You’ll be doing a great service to your community and to those around you.
- Origami! – I know this may not be the first thing to pop in your head, but it is something to try out. Who knows? maybe you’ll enjoy it.
- Clean! – Now I know cleaning isn’t exactly the funnest thing to do, but it can keep you entertained. If you have a dirty room in your home, or maybe even some dirty dishes that need to be cleaned, fix it. If you want you can even play some music; trust me, it really does make a difference to put on some tunes. Then when you’re done you’ll at least have a clean house!
- Go for a Run! – Not only is it good for you, but you’ll feel great accomplishment afterwards.
- Read! – I am not afraid to admit it: but I am a bookworm. And whenever I’m reading, time flies.So grab a book and read! You’ll be entertained and you’ll pass time.
- Sleep! – Because everyone loves a good nap. 🙂
- Board Games or Puzzles! – They’re fun to play with. Especially if you have friends!
- Go See A Movie! (With friends) – I know this is not free, but it is something to do. Grab some friends, go see that new movie you’ve been wanting to see. Best part is: afterwards y’all can go shopping or eat dinner. You’ll be able to spend some quality time with your besties.
- Bake! – Baking is a very nice (and delicious) thing to try out. You can make cookies, tarts, or even make your own bagels! It’s very fun. But good luck trying not to make a big mess!
- Exercise! – Yes, this is similar to running, but there is more to exercising than running. Do some crunches, maybe some push-ups, or try to do 100 jumping jacks!
- Go Shopping! – Is your closet lacking cute clothes? Do you need a new lamp? Go shopping! Or maybe not even shopping. You could go window shopping instead! Just look around your nearest mall/strip mall, and see if there’s anything you want to buy.
- Organize! – If you’re a person who may or may not be a little unorganized, then check out Pinterest! There’s a lot of organization ideas you can check out on there. Maybe you could organize your closet, jewelry, or even you kitchen.
- Plant a Garden! – You can do this in your backyard, or maybe even in your living room. You can plant almost anything: From cilantro to peach trees! If you live in an apartment, grow some herbs! If you live in a house, maybe make a small vegetable garden or plant a fruit tree!
- Learn How to Play an Instrument! – If you love music, then this might be something for you. Check around town to see if you have anyone who’ll be interested in giving you lessons. Or even go on YouTube; there’s always free music lessons you could do off of there.
- Paint a Picture! – If you enjoy art, or want to get into it, go paint a picture. You can paint and canvases for cheap prices. It can be very relaxing. You’ll be able to use your creativity and imagination.
- Photography! – If you’re not much of a painter, then perhaps you’re more of a photographer. If you have a camera, go outside and take some pictures! If you don’t have one, then use your phone. Then, if you find that you enjoy taking pictures, you can buy an actual camera.
As you can see, there are many of things you can do. Now you can’t use “I’m bored” as an excuse! If you find yourself getting bored or finding nothing to do, then do something. Because obviously, there is something for you to do, you’re just choosing not to do it. And don’t worry, there’s plenty more you can do.
So, next time you’re bored, or even whenever you have free time, do something fun!